By Mixologist Dominique Grant
A winning Recipe from 2017 Newport Cocktail Wars
• Two parts Broken Shed Vodka
• One part Cold Press Kiwi Cocktail Juice
— Kiwis for approx. 12 parts juice
— Limes for approx. 2 parts juice
— Fresh Ginger for approx. 2 parts juice
— Agave Nectar for approx. 2 parts juice
• Himalayan Pink Sea Salt or similar
• Fresh Mint
• Sparkling Sauvignon Blanc
1. Slap mint, muddle lightly.
2. Add vodka and juice.
3. Add ice and shake vigorously.
4. Double strain and serve up in glass.
5. Top with sauvignon blanc.
6. Garnish with fresh kiwi slice.
To make Kiwi Cocktail Juice:
1. Juice the kiwis and hand squeeze limes adding the juice from the fresh ginger into mixture.
2. Then add the agave nectar and cardamom to taste.
3. Add a pinch Himalayan pink sea salt.